Postdoctoral Research Position in Immunology at UCLA
University of California Los Angeles – USA
Requisition Number: JPF05533
- A postdoctoral research position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Elaine F. Reed, in the Department of Pathology, University of California, Los Angeles (https://reedlab.dgsom.ucla.edu). The long-term goal of the research is to develop a detailed molecular map of the cross-talk between the innate and adaptive immune response during viral infection in high risk populations. The postdoctoral researcher will use modern systems immunology approaches including multiparameter immunephenotyping, transcriptome, cytokines and assessment of leukocyte functional status and statistical and computational biology to define altered host: pathogen interactions in COVID and influenza. The successful candidate will devote 30% effort to wet lab work and 70% effort to computational work.
- The candidate will benefit from a highly collaborative and diverse team of investigators at UCLA including experts in renal transplantation, infectious disease, immune profiling, biostatistics, and computational immunology at the University of California Los Angeles.
- The candidate should be a Ph.D. candidate or recent Ph.D. graduate or M.D./Ph.D. with a strong background in immunology, microbiology,cell, and/or molecular biology. Additionally, the candidate should be proficient in computational statistics with some experience coding in R, Unix, Python and/or MATLAB.
- Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with their research experience and interests, CV/resume, list of publications and names and contact information for 3 references to: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF05533.
- The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action PolicyTo apply, please visit: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF05533